Welcome to my blog! I love my life and I love my God!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wings Like Eagles

Those who wait on the LORD will renew their strength; they will rise up on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow faint. ~Isaiah 40:31
Okay, so what? Ya look at this blog, you see this verse about four million times already, so what's the point of repeating it? Because I don't think the meaning is entirely clear at first glance. It's one of those verses that you say, "Oh that sounds so pretty," and not really-REALLY think about the meaning.
To be honest, I wasn't sure myself until my big sister left for college. This is her favorite verse. So let's take a glance, just for her. 
Let's start at running. Are you an athlete? Can you run forty miles without tiring? Are you a couch potato that thinks of running and gets tired? (jk. ;D) Everyone gets tired and collapses wearily on the side of the road wheezing eventually. It's simply human. Obviously, a marathon runner will have more stamina than the average teenager, but come on, no one's invincible. So it's kind of a miracle to think...running without ever getting tired? ]
Walking. It's just as much of a miracle to think of walking without ever growing faint. Personally, I think walking often takes more stamina than running sometimes. More excercise, less fat. ;) 
 So the synopsis of these two points- I am leaning toward eternal life! Running and walking, and your body not failing? Amaxing! God promises eternal life!
One last point. The eagles. Or rather, their wings. I believe it's a promise of freedom. Freedom from a secular world. God promises that one day, there will no longer be evil in this world.

Thank You, Jehovah, for Your amazing promises.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Songbreeze! This is Amaranthine from TLF. Your blog background is gorgeous!

    www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Songbreeze (AWESOME name btw!)
    I love your blog! AMAZING post, it's very good!!!! :)

    This is Jedi~Chick from TLF btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaranthine-I just figured out how to comment :) Thank you!!!!
    JC- Thank you!!! (Songbreeze is the name of a character from one of the Redwall books. Ever heard of them? She was a singer with a beautiful voice.
    Oh yeah, and she was a squirrel. ;) )

    ReplyDelete