Welcome to my blog! I love my life and I love my God!

Monday, September 12, 2011

You're Beautiful

I went to a retreat this last weekend. God really spoke to me.
It was after the service. I had just...well, let's explain a few things. My best friend, we'll call her Draco, is prone to migraines with noise and lights. It pains me so much to see her that way. We went outside for the noisy part of it, which came before the singing, by the way. I was begging God to take her pain away, to give it to me, and he did. So I had the worst headache while I was singing, but the happiest grin on my face.
The preacher spoke on 2 Peter 2, about foolish men who draw innocent and unkowing people-new to the faith-into sin. Afterwards, he gave us a choice-we could head back to the lodge, or stay and pray. I chose to stay.
Me and Draco were both praying. She leaned over and whispered, "What can I pray for you, [Aay'liah]?"
"I always feel so...unwanted. I just...I feel like I'm not good enough." I sighed, a tear dripping down my cheek.
And she prayed for me.
Only a few minutes later, I gasped. Draco looked over at me. "What?"
"I was praying...about feeling insufficient...and God spoke to me. He...He said to me, "Daughter, you are beautiful."" And the tears poured out.
Draco smiled as I leaned against her, crying tears of joy. "You are, [Aay'liah]. You are. You're a princess."
And He gave me a mandate. He told me to never let anyone feel that she is unimportant.
Girls, I'll bet that you have all felt that way on time or another-insufficient, unimportant, unbeautiful. But you are. I'm not just saying this. It's so true. Don't look at other people and say, "I'll never be as pretty as she is. Or as talented. Or as popular." If you ever feel that way, examine your heart and see if there is any ugliness that needs to be thrown out-greed, grudges, envy, etc. And then remember: Each and every one of you has a special place in God's kingdom.
You are beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! That helped me so much and made my day :D I really needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Aay'liah! What an amazing experience you had and an inspiration for all of us. I feel inferior a lot, and need to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia-You are so welcome. Remember-it's true, every bit of it.
    Arda-We all feel inferior sometimes. I know I won't anymore. I am filled with the presence of God wherever I go. PLEASE, PLEASE, never forget it.
    -Aay'liah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lord. :) I'm so happy for you! That is a beautiful post my friend, and I needed this. :D *hugs* Love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you JC! <3 I had been feeling really down,. and when this happened, I was in tears because of the joy I was filled with. *hugs back* :)

    ReplyDelete