Welcome to my blog! I love my life and I love my God!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Who Am I?

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Still You
Hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
You told me who I am...
I am Yours,
I am Yours.


That is one of my favorite songs. :) This weekend at the quiz meet, we were discussing what we were called to, spiritually. It was more of, what can you do now? than what will you do when you're done with college or whatever?
I know what my calling is right now. God has put it on my heart to reach out to girls who feel unwanted, unloved, unbeautiful.
I know one of the quizzers was called to Japan, another was called to be a missionary to the States. And so I have to wonder something.
Do you know what you are doing to witness right now? Or, if you are not saved, do you wonder what you are ever going to turn out as, if your life is useless?
I know that it's hard to see what it is you can do. "How could I ever change the world?" But if you listen to HIS voice, He will guide you.

4 comments:

  1. i have zero confidence and i reley on god to lead me through. i so wish i was a better christain for him. but i don't know how. any ideas? :) HUGS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you rely on God to get you through, you are already doing well. ;) A "better" Christian is sometimes misstated. You don't have to go to church and memorize verses to be a "good" Christian. (Those are very good ideas, however.) My first suggestion is to read the Bible and pray if you don't know your calling. As you may know, I am called to girls who feel unbeautiful. How can I remedy that? By making friends who are nobodies, like me. ;) Just an example. I hope that helps you in some way.
    Hugs. :D

    ReplyDelete