Welcome to my blog! I love my life and I love my God!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In Remembrance

I would just like to say a few things about the day eleven years ago, the day that shook the country.
On that day, Mom tells me, I was in kindergarten. She saw the news on TV and the school called her to let her know that we were getting out early.
Other people were not so lucky, so safe.
2,996 people died.
For many of them we must weep, for they wouldn't have known Christ as their personal Savior. For those that did, we can rejoice. But it still hurts. It felt like the end of the world. Many people turned to God, started going to church again. People started to know each other, to fellowship. American spirit was everywhere. The flag companies actually ran out of flags, because there were so many requests.
Today of all days, we must pray for our country. It is a painful anniversary for every American citizen, especially for the families of the deceased.
Today of all days, we must salute our heroes. The ones that run into burning buildings to save children from the flames, the ones that sacrifice their lives overseas, and the ordinary heroes, the invisible ones, the ones hidden in plain sight.
Today of all days, we must hope for the future. We must hope that our country will not decline, become poor. We must hope that we'll be ready for an attack like this, should an attack occur again.
I pray, I salute, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment