Welcome to my blog! I love my life and I love my God!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Little Things

You might not believe a word of this post.
You may write it down to coincidence, because it's silly. It really is.
I have to say, though, I believe in the little things.
Yesterday we had a rather small dinner, because Mom was in class and we don't do very well without our mommy to help us. Plus, I was busy. 
Well, anyway, after dinner Dad rather inevitably asked of we had the fixings to make dessert. He's a big man. He needs his dessert. ;)
So I found two recipes for cookies, snickerdoodles and no-bake, since we had no chocolate chips. Dad chose no-bake, so I set about making no-bake cookies. I have to admit, I must have been really out of it, because I didn't check to make sure we had all the ingredients. Does that sound a bit dangerous to you? 
I started making the cookies. For those of you that might not know, no-bake cookies are made in a pot. You have bring butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa to a boil for a certain amount of time, then remove from the heat and add peanut butter, vanilla, and...something else that I can't remember off the top of my head. Ah well, you get it.
The trouble came when I got to the sugar and the plastic container was empty. Bone dry. No azĂșcar. So I checked the tin above the coffee counter with the same result. 
I swear, I had a momentary panic attack. I ran into the living room and said, "DAD!!! Can you by any chance go buy me sugar just really really quick???"
Dad gave me a weird look. "I bought sugar, remember? We stopped at the pharmacy on the way home."
Oh, yeah.... He did. didn't he? I raced back into the kitchen and found the bag, right on the floor, and it had sugar in it. Well, wouldn't you know it. 
The next incident occurred when I was adding the oats. (Oh! Oats! That's what I was missing!!) I had another moment of "What if we don't have oats?" 
But apparently, some obliging soul had bought oats, because lo and behold, right there in the pantry, was an unopened container of oats. 
And it's a really good thing that I ordered pizza on Monday for Wednesday, because there wasn't much peanut butter left in the jar after I was done with it.
Again, this doesn't exactly look like the hand of God. But then, what's the hand of God supposed to look like? I think God is active in the little things, that which is insignificant, though at the time it seems important. I think that God was providing for me, so that I wouldn't have to feel like I disappointed my dad or anything like that. I am so grateful that we have a God that care about our smallest needs. I hope you are too.

(P.S. The cookies were excellent.)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really nice story! These blessings from God are so wonderful! :) Good post!

    ReplyDelete